To be eligible for a subsidized apartment,
1. The household head or spouse must have a physical disability which limits mobility;
2. Income Limits – Extremely low income applicants will be selected from the waiting list first to occupy 40% of the number of units expected to be filled during the year to comply with HUD requirements. Subsequently, applicants will be selected from the top of the waiting list regardless of income, who still meet the income requirements.
HUD establishes income limits and revises them annually to ensure that federal rental assistance is provided only to low income families. Income limits are based on family size and the annual income the household receives.
Median Income for the Area
|Low Income||80% of median income|
|Very Low Income||50% of median income|
|Extremely Low Income||30% of median income|
3. Additional tenant selection criteria apply to applicants and will be reviewed when application is made. Under Review.
Note: There is no age limitation however the applicant must be at least 18 years old.
4. House Rules. Under Review.
Accessibility Features Include:
- Elevators in all buildings.
- Automatic door openers for entry.
- Flat entrances or ramps for building entry.
- Wide hallways with handrails.
- Telephone operated intercom for building entry.
- Doorways wider for wheelchair use. Lever door handles.
- Space under sink for wheelchair access.
- Grab bars in showers and next to toilet, as needed.
- Roll in showers in some locations.
- Height adjustable showerheads.